Skip to main content

When You Want Some Easy Comfort Food...

Imagine, it's Sunday morning. Last week was rough, and you could use a simple dinner idea that everyone will love.

Queue Chile Verde. It's simple, and delicious. And my recipe isn't necessarily the traditional way to make it, but amazing nonetheless!

Here's what you'll need:

2 lb. pork loin roast, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 - 16oz. jar salsa verde (we used Pace, but you can use any brand you trust!)
1 - 7oz. can diced green chiles (we used store brand for this one)
3 lg. red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes (Russets also work well with this meal, so use what you have or looks good at the store this week!)
1 tbsp. minced garlic (if you want to mince it yourself, it's about 3 cloves fresh garlic)
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste


Steps! (Some of which have photos!)

Wash and cube your potatoes. You want each piece to be about 1 to 1 1/2 inches.

Toss 'em in the crock pot. I've lined my crock pot with a liner for easier clean up. It's not necessary, I'm just perpetually tired and hate scrubbing dishes!


We buy giant pork loins from Costco, and cut up our pork chops and loin roasts ourselves. You can easily buy the pork loin roast from your grocery store. This recipe calls for about 2 lbs, but use your judgement. If you want your chile verde to have a little more liquid to it, use 1 1/2 lbs. 

Cube it up. Roughly 1 1/2 inch cubes. Sprinkle with salt.

Sear the pork on each side, a minute or two on each side.
Toss into the crock pot on top of your potatoes.


Now we add the rest of the ingredients. Literally, just dump them on top. No need to stir just yet. Just pour it all in.

It looks scary. Don't worry, it'll be delicious.

Add your seasonings on top. Again. Don't stir yet. We'll get there in time!


Everyone in the pool?!

Great!

8 hours on low.

If you're starting late you can get away with 6 on high, but try to go for the 8 on low!



After about 5 hours, go ahead and give it a good stir. 


After 7 hours, pull the pork out and shred it. This step is NOT necessary, it just makes it easier for me when serving it to my kids if it's done earlier on! Again, not a necessary step! If you don't shred, you'll have more liquid in your crock pot when it's done. 


When 8 hours is up you'll have this

I know, my plating sucks. Gordon Ramsey would probably put this on top of my head and tell me it looks better there.

But trust me on this, it's amazingly delicious. It warms down to your soul!



Try it out, and let me know what you think!!



xoxo

Geek



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advil Menstrual Pain Tablets Review

When I first received my free sample of Advil Menstrual Pain Tablets from Smiley360 I was excited. I was  looking forward to trying a new way to end some of my period woes. The first thing I noticed was the packaging. It is definitely geared towards women (obviously), with it's pink/purple additions to the usual Advil label. I flipped over the box to check out it's active ingredients. I was a little disappointed at this point. The only active ingredients in this product are ibuprofin, and ibuprofin sodium. While these products are great for inflammation (aka a big part of cramps), I wasn't impressed with the fact that it was the only active ingredients. However, I'm not one to judge a book by it's cover, so I gave it a go! My first day is always the worst day. It can be debilitating. I started my morning with 1 Advil Menstrual Pain tablet, and after four hours I took another. While it helped a little with my cramps, it did nothing for my bloating or fatigue. ...

The Perfect Gift for the Perfect Occasion!

Y'all... Valentine's Day is approaching.  Fast . Do you have the  perfect gift  for your special someone yet?  Don't have a special someone? Your Mother would probably love a special treat from her favorite child! Maybe you just want to Treat Yo Self? C'mon... sometimes we  all  deserve it. Whatever the case may be,  MyM&Ms has you covered ! With so many options, personalized M&M's could be the difference between a boring or generic gift, and the  best gift you've ever given ! I went with some non-traditional colors, and preset clip art for my Valentine's wishes. Get creative! Your options are nearly limitless! And right now, get 25% off sitewide by using coupon code 25VDAY Oh! And don't forget, these are for more than just Valentine's Day! Weddings, anniversaries, baby showers, birthday parties, sporting events, and so much more! Just head to www.MyMMS.com to see all the options you have to...

Ladies! Make The Switch!

Ladies, ladies, ladies. Almost all of us have been there. Digging through your purse for a tampon... Your period has hit in a sneak attack three days early!  You found one! And now, it sounds like you're opening a bag of potato chips! Go ahead, touch that little waste bin attached to the wall so you can toss out that applicator and wrapper.  Do I have your attention? What if I told you there's a discreet way to handle Aunt Flow, with less waste for the environment, and just as easy to use as your current tampon?  What if I told you that this product has been around for decades? Yup! o.b. Tampons with their applicator-free design is economical, discreet, easy to carry, easy to use! And with no plastic or cardboard applicators they are just a little better for the environment! Try them next month, and when you love them, make the switch! Get your free sample here!: http://h5.sml360.com/-/3ivkw Go ahead! Thank me later :) xoxo Geek ...